When it comes to makeup application, the tools are just as important as the product and the application technique. The tools vary from brushes, to sponges, to even your fingers.
In this post, I will be discussing the best ‘BRUSHES’ for applying ‘CREAM’ and ‘LIQUID’ Foundation, in my opinion and based on my experience.
From light to full coverage application (right to left), these brushes are ideal for achieving the flawless foundation look:
1. Duo Fiber Brush: MAC 187 or Sarah Artistry Duo Fiber Brush (after months of comparison I found them to give the same result)
2. Flat Round Foundation Brush: Chanel #16 or Kryolan 9930
3. Flat Square Foundation Brush: MAC 191
4. Buffing Brush: Real Techniques
5. Kabuki Brush: Sigma Flat Kabuki F80
My personal advice for applying foundation is with a tapping motion, as the skin absorbs the foundation without streaks and creates a perfect even layer.
In this video, I discuss proper foundation application in more detail and why these 5 brushes are essential ones in my kit. (The first video is in English and the second one is in Arabic).
On my beauty tray:
– Allure Beauty magazine: yes!!! one of my favorites!
– Chanel purse-size perfume: I have been in the habbit of carrying this for years and years!
– La Mer lip balm: pricey, but worth every penny, #lacremedelacreme
– Josie Maran: nail wipes, recently started using these and they are great for removing nailpolish (plus they treat cuticles)
– Clean and Clear Deep Action cleanser: Just when I thought that their morning burst cleanser was the best creation, I came across this other amazing creation for oily/combination skin, mark my words down, THIS IS EVERYTHING! For everyday cleansing!
We hope you enjoyed our post, please support us by sharing and spreading the love!